Today I feel even older than usual. The radio this morning had a story about famous summer pop music "anthems" over the past few years. Not only had I never heard a single one of the songs, but they all sounded the same--hip hop beat, no identifiable melody, moaning. I thought to myself, "what are these young people listening to," followed immediately by, "kill me now."
And today being the brink of 2010, I thought I'd share my DC United-related New Years' resolutions.
In 2010, Curmudgeon will aspire to:
- Avoid being taken in by Curt Onalfo's boyish good looks;
- Be more supportive of young players who have no hope of any long-term success playing professional soccer because they suck;
- Continue to flagrantly ignore the directions of RFK parking lot attendants, because I can;
- Stop visiting the VW Garage under the false and delusional hope that maybe it actually will be worth seeing this time; and
- Not be envious of the new Red Bulls stadium.
Have a Happy Ball Drop!UPDATED:
My, what a grotesque and sorry spectacle that was. Next year, they should do poor Dick Clark a favor by putting him out of his misery and replacing him with this: