I've been hesitant to push the apocalypse button on this season yet, but let's get real. With the exception of no more than a total of 15 game minutes during the match, DC United was like a teenager who picks up strangers on Craigslist.
Some random thoughts on the team: lines were not playing with each other, minimal tactical understanding and rhythm, still not fighting for second balls, weak individual performances, resorting to lots of bad fouls because it kept falling behind.
And the players?
- Castillo - complete garbage;
- Allsopp - mostly a waste of skin;
- Pena - his one good game for United is behind him;
- Quaranta - looks much better feeding in balls from the side (keep your dirty remarks to yourselves);
- Wallace - needs to be in the midfield; and
- Moreno - crafty like Dumbledore, who ended up dead.
And what of the effectively coached Philadelphia Snakes? Who knew Fred could be so effective when playing in his favored position? We certainly didn't. And that Jacobson kid sure looks like he can play. I wish we had someone like him on our team.
Talon Rating: Two birds (they deserved less, but Jaime Moreno's insane goal ups the birdage)